Magento 2 is the most popular CMS ( Content Management System) since its release in 2007. It helps to create online stores by means of its powerful, scalable architecture.
You can take the help of a Magento-certified full-service digital agency focused on ecommerce to upgrade your store from Magento 1 to Magento 2.
It offers a lot of flexible tools that include marketing, SEO optimization, and catalog management needs.
SIMPLE, VERSATILE INTERFACE: Even though Magento 2 comes with powerful features, it is simple and easy to use. It is highly customizable and helps admins to have easy access to information and management of products. The interface also reduces time in managing the online store. It has rich features and an extensive codebase. It is a multi-store and multi-language tool that can easily customize, navigate, filter data, and help with product creation. Because of its open-source nature, the e-commerce store can be designed as per your requirements
FAST PERFORMANCE & SCALABILITY: It has a quicker load time when compared with Magento 1. It can handle approx 10 million views in an hour. The use of Ajax makes it convenient for a user to add items to the cart without having the page reloaded. Even large-scale businesses are reported to have page load faster and advanced scalability.
CHECK-OUT PROCESS SIMPLIFIED: The check-out process is consolidated into just two steps, providing customers with a smooth and best shopping experience. There are options for guest checkouts without the need for login. The shipping rates are also loaded dynamically as soon as the delivery address is entered. It automatically allows users to update the e-commerce website
HIGH COMPATIBILITY: Various payment gateways such as Paypal, and Google Pay can be easily integrated. It is compatible with PHP7, different databases, and web and cloud services. Third-party tools can be easily integrated as well.
- Product creation and category is much easier and quicker
- Customization with various templates and themes is possible with special emphasis on Smartphone optimization
- The admin interface is user-friendly and simplified
- The Luma theme is very eye-catching and easy to learn. Productivity is enhanced in relation to creating products, managing orders, and customer data
- Less time is required for page load and search engine friendly with less preprocessor and CSS URL
- The extensions of Magento 1 have to be purchased first and then integrated into Magento 2
- The price is a bit high
- Heavy servers are required, along with intensive data input for optimal performance.
MAGENTO 1 VS MAGENTO 2
- Compared to Magento 1, Magento 2 works 20% faster on an average
- Check-out in Magento 1 consists of nearly six steps, whereas in Magento 2, it is reduced to two easy steps.
- Can handle 39% more orders per hour than Magento 1
- Installing extensions in Magento 2 is very fast and easy because of the use of HTML5, LESS, and CSS3
- In Magento 1, the page would reload every time a customer added a product to the cart. However, in Magento 2, because of ‘Ajaz add-to-cart page is prevented from reloading every time
- Magento 1 faced many data overload issues due to a single database for customers, admins, and developers. This issue is eliminated in Magento2
- Mobile responsiveness is made the priority in Magento2. The responsively designed SEO-friendly themes, integrated videos, and easier check-out make shopping on smartphones and tablets hassle-free.
However, many users are very satisfied with the performance of Magento 1 and so are not rushing to cross over to the new platform. Some are wary of making the change, while others want a slow transition.
Whatever your reservation regarding the migration to Magento 2, please note that Magento maintains flexibility. However, Magento 2 has more valuable features to make businesses grow faster with repeat customers.
The steps to upgrade to Magento 2 are easy and simple.
- First and foremost is to back up the data in order to protect it from disappearance.
- Secondly, turn on the maintenance mode while upgrading.
- Thirdly, see the latest release of Magento 2 and upgrade. Sometimes there may be an issue such as a cache write permission error. This can be rectified by means of a simple command.
Many expert teams of Magento developers can give a hand and help you upgrade to the new version with beautifully coded extension upgrades.
As can be seen from this article, a few features of Magento 2 are highlighted. It is a very fast, secure, and reliable software that helps the business to perform well. It provides improved scalability. Magento 2 is now used by more than 200,000 online retailers, which in itself is a powerful testimony of Magento’s popularity.
In conclusion, Magento 2 offers the perfect solution to e-commerce merchants as it helps to run the business with ease and without hassles. It also helps to boost sales improve conversion rates and increase revenue for the business. So decide accordingly to upgrade your store to Magento 2.