Do you know how to use Spotify web player? Spotify is the most popular and widely used music streaming platform in the world. It offers a hassle-free way to stream music directly within the browser.
You can have seamless access to the platform’s extensive music library on your mobile or desktop web browser. On the other hand, there are many users who avail the benefits of this music streaming platform through a dedicated app, which is compatible with a number of devices such as iPhones, Android devices, and other gadgets.
However, if you think you have so many apps installed on your smart device, using the Spotify web player is a convenient choice as it allows you to enjoy music directly from the browser without installing the app. With the passage of time, it has been able to improve its usability, streaming quality, and music-sharing capabilities.
You have to open.spotify.com in your web browser in order to access it. The web player can be accessed on an extensive selection of web browsers, such as Firefox, Edge, Opera, Safari, and Chrome to name a few.
How to Use Spotify Web Player?
With Spotify web player, you don’t have to install the Spotify app on your chosen device. In the browser-based version also you can avail all the amazing features that you enjoy via the app.
- Open your preferred web browser on the selected device.
- At the upper-right corner of the Spotify site, click on log in and enter your account details.
You can now listen to your favorite songs with Spotify’s online player. Not only this, you can search for different songs, playlists, etc. You can also visit the pages of your favorite artist. Additionally, you can even access and edit the library. But, if you don’t have a Spotify account then first you need to sign up to create an account.
A Thorough Understanding of the Advantages of Spotify Web Player?
Find your Favorite Tracks via Search
You need to click on the search bar which can be seen at the top left corner of the screen. Here, you can search for your desired song, musician, or playlist or can look for different genres. Also, the ‘Browse All’ area of the Spotify standard search page will allow you to see lots of different styles. You can click on any of them and discover a wonderful collection of new launches, and podcasts, to name a few.
Access Recently Played Songs and choose the Best Music
When you select the Home option on the left sidebar of the screen, you will be redirected to the main screen of the Spotify web player. Here, you can find and play your music. It will show all the recently played songs and music recommendations.
This category includes songs, podcasts, artists, and playlists. See all the music that you have saved or listened to. You can save your chosen playlists or albums by clicking the heart icon. You can even follow the artist and Spotify will tell you about their new releases or about any new track.
Create your own Playlist
If you want to create a playlist of your choice, you can do this by selecting Create Playlist. You can add your favorite tracks or even choose songs from the recommended music by Spotify. This customized playlist syncs with your Spotify account, hence it can be seen on all other devices where you use the same account.
Keep all the Liked Songs in one place
Any of your preferred songs or all those tracks that you like the most are located under liked songs. In order to put any song in this category, you simply need to click on the heart icon for that particular song. If you are new to the Spotify web browser and have not liked a song yet, find your favorite song and add it to this list.
Spotify Web Player vs Desktop App
It is crucial to compare the features that each offer before deciding which version of Spotify you should use.
- With the web player Spotify, there is no need for any pre-installed app. When you have your account details, you can log in to the web player account and can explore all the types of music from any device. Also, the browser-based version can even save storage space on the device.
- If you are a music lover, you undoubtedly want to enjoy some of the popular music in the best possible way. If you have a keen ear for music then you must be aware of the fact that you can easily tell the difference in sound quality. When streaming from the Spotify web player, free subscribers are limited to 128kbps but 160kpbs when accessing Spotify from the app. On the other hand, premium subscribers of web players can enjoy the quality of 256kbps and through the app, they can reap the benefit of up to 320kbps.
- There is no denying the fact that nothing can lighten up your mood like listening to your favorite music when you still have five hours to work. A little bit of music can be so relaxing and energetic. At most corporate places, computers are locked down so that nobody can download or install anything. In such a case, the Spotify app is a big no. Fortunately, the web player is allowed and therefore, you can log in and enjoy your content.
- If you have used the free app version of Spotify, you should know that this includes a lot of advertising which you can see in the form of videos, audio, and banners. Users of Spotify online player have the option of hiding the advertisements with the help of browsers as blockers.
- The app version includes some additional features, such as it gives you the ability to use keyboard shortcuts, making navigation an easy task. But the web player doesn’t include shortcuts and navigation should be done directly through the web play to acquire the same results.
- Users investing in premium subscriptions to the Spotify app can download their favorite tunes and enjoy hassle-free listening in offline mode. However, paid members of web players can’t avail themselves of the benefit of this amazing feature.
Both the Spotify web player and the Spotify app are known as excellent choices for listening to your favorite music. However, the choice completely depends on the preference of each individual.
Download the Spotify Web Player
You can either install the web app on a PC or smartphone or you can access the web Spotify player directly on your browser. Here, we will discuss how to do it on a desktop browser, such as Google Chrome.
You need to move to the address bar of the browser and after reaching there, simply click on the monitor-shaped icon and then start the installing process by clicking on install. Once done, you will see an icon on the desktop and one more in the start menu. This means that you can access this music platform without opening the web browser again and again.
If you don’t see the install option, follow the listed below easy-to-understand steps:
- Go to the Google Chrome options menu.
- Go to More Tools.
- Select the option, Create Shortcut.
- Check the ‘Open as Window’ box and tap on the blue Create button.
This way you access the Spotify.com web player without opening the browser.
Now you know that Spotify is the biggest music streaming service that includes music for everyone. You can enjoy music from its extensive music collection. Using it on whichever device you prefer is simple, but don’t forget that whether you choose Spotify web player or Spotify app, you won’t be disappointed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Spotify web player be used on your phone?
You can surely use Spotify web player on your mobile devices whether iOS or Android devices and you will get a great user experience with its easy-to-use interface.
Why does the web player sometimes pause?
The biggest and most common reason is because of poor internet connection because the web version doesn’t allow you to play music offline. You should also check that your device is not in Airplane mode. Also, try to restart your router or you can even try opening the web player in a private window.
Should you use the Spotify app or Web Player?
When it comes to deciding which version to choose, it is crucial to compare the features both versions provide.
Or, If you have an Apple device you can try Apple Music Replay.