India has one of the oldest systems of medical treatment in the world. The traditional system of medicine, also known as Ayurveda, is still practiced in India and is gaining popularity in other parts of the world. Ayurvedic practitioners are known as Ayurvedacharyas or Vaidyas.
Ayurvedic medicine is one of the oldest and most comprehensive medical systems in the world. It originated in India more than 3,000 years ago and remains one of the country’s traditional healthcare systems.
To become a BAMS doctor, one must first understand what the acronym BAMS stands for. BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery.
Those who wish to pursue BAMS must have an interest in both modern and traditional medical practices. After successful completion of the BAMS course, candidates can register themselves with the state medical council and practice as Ayurvedacharyas or Vaidyas. This degree course should be studied from some noted Indian universities such as Ayurvedic Unani Tibbia College Delhi and Mansarovar Ayurvedic Medical College Bhopal.
If you are looking to become a BAMS doctor or are just curious, read on for more information on this field of study and what you need to do to get started.
BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) is a professional degree in medicine that includes both modern and traditional Ayurvedic practices.
The duration of the course is five and a half years, which includes one year of internship.
This degree is necessary to practice Ayurvedic medicine, which is an ancient system of medicine that originated in India.
The curriculum for this degree program includes both classroom instruction and clinical training. It includes subjects such as Ayurvedic principles, anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, pathology, and surgery.
Upon completion of the program, doctors must pass a licensing exam to officially practice Ayurvedic medicine.
Eligibility Criteria for BAMS in India
In order to become a BAMS doctor in India, one must first fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- The minimum age limit for admission into a BAMS course is 17 years, and the maximum age limit is 32 years.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their main subjects.
- They must also have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ST candidates).
- Furthermore, they must have cleared the NEET UG (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – Undergraduate) exam with a minimum qualifying percentile.
- Mansarovar Ayurvedic Medical College which is the best BAMS college in Bhopal welcomes all those students
Admission Process for BAMS in India
In order to practice Ayurveda, one must complete a five-and-a-half-year degree course called Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS). Admission to BAMS courses is through an entrance exam conducted by various state governments and institutions.
- After the 12th, generally, students who wish to pursue BAMS take an entrance exam conducted by CCH (Central Council of Homoeopathy), New Delhi.
- The entrance exam consists of two papers – Paper I and Paper II. Paper I tests the candidate’s knowledge of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Paper II tests the candidate’s knowledge of Sanskrit and General Studies. Candidates who qualify in both papers are eligible for admission to BAMS courses.
The minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in all BAMS entrance exams is 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects. Candidates who have completed their 10+2 from any stream with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for the exam. To get admission to the best Ayurvedic college in MP, students must fulfill the above eligibility.
Career Prospects After BAMS
BAMS college in Bhopal like MAMC provides tons of career opportunities to students in the field of Ayurveda. BAMS doctors enjoy many career prospects after graduation. They may choose to work in a clinic, hospital, or other healthcare setting. Alternatively, they may decide to pursue further education and training in order to specialize in a particular area of medicine.
Students who earn a BAMS degree have a very good chance of going on to work as junior clinical trial coordinators, category managers, medical representatives, business development officers, resident medical officers, etc.
Top professional positions for BAMS students include:
- Category Director
- Representative of Sales
- Product Director
- Coordinator of Clinical Trials
- Manager of Claims Assistant (Health)
BAMS graduates are highly sought-after by employers due to their comprehensive medical knowledge and skills. They are also well-positioned to take on leadership roles within the healthcare industry.
BAMS graduates are qualified to practice as Ayurvedic physicians in India. They can also pursue higher studies in Ayurveda or related disciplines such as yoga and naturopathy.
With the right experience and qualifications, BAMS doctors can expect to earn high salaries and enjoy excellent job security. Ayurvedic Hospital in Bhopal has numerous seats for BAMS graduates. All just need is for students must score well in their academics,
Top 5 Colleges for Bachelor in Ayurvedic Medicine in India
There are many colleges that offer BAMS courses in India. Here is a list of the top colleges for a Bachelor in Ayurvedic Medicine in India:
- National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur
- Ayurvedic and Unani Tibbia College, Delhi
- Jamnagar Ayurveda University, Gujarat
- The Tamil Nadu DR MGR Medical University, Tamil Nadu
- Mansarovar Ayurvedic Medical College – [MAMC], Bhopal
Among all 5 BAMS colleges, Mansarovar Bams College Bhopal is the best Ayurvedic college. Its degree is recognized all over the world. Students who wish to create careers in this field must be admission to India’s best BAMS college.
Top Entrance Exams for BAMS in India
In India, the top entrance exams for BAMS are:
1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
2. Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)
3. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Undergraduate Courses (NEET-UG)
4. Banaras Hindu University Undergraduate Medical Entrance Examination (BHU UGME)
5. MAH CET for Admission to Professional Courses in Maharashtra State (MAH-MPCAC-CET)
Salary after BAMS in India
BAMS doctors in India can expect to earn a good salary. The average salary for a BAMS doctor is around Rs. 4-5 lakhs per year. However, this can vary depending on the location, type of job, and experience of the doctor.
In general, BAMS doctors working in government hospitals and clinics can expect to earn a lower salary than those working in private hospitals and clinics. However, there are many factors that can affect a doctor’s salary, such as the number of patients they see, the type of treatments they provide, and the size of their practice.
There are also many opportunities for BAMS doctors to earn more money through private practice or by working as consultants for pharmaceutical companies or other organizations.
Important Job Industry Sectors for BAMS Graduates
Following graduation, BAMS alumni have a wide range of career options, including careers as doctors in medicine, clinical research, and even the Ayurveda business world. The following are some of the key fields where BAMS graduates can find employment:
- Healthcare Industry
- Ayurvedic Hotels
- Academic organisations
- Public and private hospitals
- Ayurvedic Wellness Centres
- Ashram of Panchakarma
Becoming a BAMS doctor is a process that takes time, dedication, and perseverance. However, it is possible to become a BAMS doctor after 12th grade, as long as you are willing to put in the work. Follow the tips outlined in this article and you will be well on your way to becoming a BAMS doctor. To make a bright career in the Ayurvedic sector, you should hold a degree from Mansarovar Ayurvedic Medical College.