Transcription is the process of converting audio or speech into a written document. This work can be very tedious if done manually. Imagine having a very long audio or speech and you have to turn it into written words by yourself. This will definitely take a lot of your time since it may be translated into many pages. Perhaps you might be forced to ask for help from your friends to share the work and you may end up paying them for the job. But with the help of transcription software, all this work is minimized and you might not need help from other people.
Transcription software developed by Transcription Experts helps to convert human speech or spoken words (recorded or live) into a text transcript now you can even have secure law enforcement transcription done easily. It can be used in different segments, whether large or individual corporations. Depending on your choice, you can transcribe your video or audio automatically or manually. However, transcription software is an automatic way of transcribing; therefore, it’s much faster than transcribing manually. This is because this software uses a speech recognition technology that is built on the learning algorithms of machines. But factors like accents, the distance of speakers to the microphone, the microphone type, and background noises are what determine the accuracy of the transcribing software.
Here are a few tips on how to use transcription software to save your time;
- You should make sure that your recordings are very clear. There should be fewer background noises and the recordings or spoken words should be easy to understand.
- Emailing yourself the transcriptions to help in the backup. Any transcription software makes this easy.
- You should ensure that all your files are accurately and clearly labeled from the beginning. Let’s say you have labeled two files the same way. You will definitely end up uploading the same file twice if you were not cautious in labeling them. This will, in turn, take much of your time for doing extra work that you would have avoided.
- Ensure that you edit all your files before you upload them. If there are mistakes on your file, it might be hard for your software since it does not easily detect mistakes. Therefore, it’s worth it when you take a few minutes of your time to edit and trim your files before you upload them.
- Lastly, if you need your transcription to be entirely accurate, it is recommended that you go word by word, from the beginning to the end of your file, as you do the necessary edits.
With the tips mentioned above, you can save more time than expected because the software doing your transcription will understand every word and transcribe it accordingly.
How can Transcription Software Save You Time?
Some people might underestimate how much money and time transcription software can save them. But the truth is, it is a huge money and time saver. Again, transcription services have high accuracy levels and bring out quality transcriptions.
Transcription Software Leaves You Less Work
Doing your manual transcriptions can be a tiresome and time-consuming process. The process may even require you to listen several times to understand all the words fully and type them down on paper. Additionally, you might require a few people to help you do the transcription. But with a transcription service, you are only required to do a few edits and leave the rest of the work to the software. Because the software is automated, it will do the work very fast and, in turn, save you a lot of time.
Transcription Service is Highly Accurate
As we all know, machines are made with high accuracy levels compared to humans. Therefore, transcription software is not bound to make many mistakes during transcribing. The accuracy of your transcription depends on the background noise. If the noise is reduced, your software can lessen errors significantly. So, the reduced mistakes allow you not to take much time going through and editing your transcribed texts.
Transcription Software can do more work in the same Given Time
Transcription software is one way that helps to increase productivity by cutting down weeks, days, or hours into minutes or seconds. For instance, if you were to do manual transcription, a single file might take you so long, like several days, to complete. But if you were to do the same transcription work using transcribing software, it might only take a few hours to do all the work. This means that the software will save you so much time and you will be able to do more.